Feb. 26, 2020
The Bridges of Lawrence County (Part 6)
1 Peter 2:11,12
A. Beloved – 1 John 4:10-11
B. Aliens and Strangers – Leviticus 19:9-10, Leviticus 19:33-34, Psalms 39:12, Hebrews 11:13
2. Abstain – Living against the grain
B. Lust – Romans 6:12, Galatians 5:16-17, Ephesians 2:3
C. We are at war – James 4:1-4, John 10:10
3. Glorifying God
A. Commanded Excellence – 1 Peter 1:15-16, James 3:13
C. Glorifying God – Matthew 5:14-16
D. Day of visitation – Luke 19:41-44
Reflection and Discussion:
1. Has there ever been a time that you have been the “underdog” or have found yourself cheering for the “underdog” in a situation?
2. As a Christian how have you sensed that you are not in the popular group? How have you reacted to that?
3. Read 1 Peter 2:13-20. What ways is Peter telling a follower of Jesus to live in the world around them? How are we to react in similar situations today?
4. In what ways does holiness help us to understand our role of living out our faith today when we read these direct examples?
5. How are you being challenged right now in your life to live out an excellent life before others around you that may bring slander or persecution upon you?